• Can be used to specify notifications for certain people or teams.
• Can be used with a path that will notify the listed code owners associated with that path. Useful for …..
This allows you to review only files you own during the PR review. Also useful for knowing whom to mention.
• The repo settings can be to force approval from the code owners, although this setting is usually left off.
• Your code owners file should be named exactly
CODEOWNERS and can be either at the root of your project or within the hidden
• When specifying multiple lines, rules on lower lines will override rules on higher lines. So if a rule matches on a lower line, the rules on higher lines will not be triggered.